Disclosure: Ergobaby provided free product for review. This site also makes a small commission when you purchase an Ergobaby product after clicking the referral links. However, all opinions stated here are my own.
There are a few aspects of parenting that I am very passionate about. One of them is baby wearing. I haven’t always been a baby wearing mama. In fact, I didn’t even own a baby carrier until my daughter was 6 months old. Up until that point I was strictly a stroller girl. However, now that I’ve tried baby wearing I’m hooked. I could never go back. Using a baby carrier has become a part of my everyday life. Baby wearing has brought so much joy into both my life and my daughters. The benefits of using a carrier are unbelievable. I can’t wait to share them with you today and get you hooked on the baby wearing lifestyle too!
Benefits of Baby Wearing
- Baby wearing can reduce the risk of your baby developing flat head syndrome because it reduces pressure on the back of the head.
- Baby wearing helps strengthen the bond between mother and baby. It provides the closeness that both baby and mom desire during the difficult 4th trimester.
- Baby wearing offers a discreet and convenient way for moms to breastfeed on the go because they can easily breastfeed in the carrier.
- Baby wearing allows parents to be hands free throughout the day. This means they don’t have to choose between giving their baby the attention they need and taking care of themselves and their home.
- Baby wearing puts your baby at the perfect height to see the world through your eyes. This helps promote language development as they can see faces easier.
Why I Chose the Ergobaby Omni 360 CAM Carrier
The OMNI 360 CAM carrier isn’t my first Ergobaby carrier, but it is my favorite. Here’s why I love it.
- The OMNI 360 CAM features 4 carry positions including front facing in, front facing out, back, and hip.
- This carrier can be used from birth (7 lbs.) without needing to purchase an additional infant insert.
- This is a great carrier to use for toddlers as it carries up to 45 lbs.
- The OMNI 360 CAM provides a comfortable carry for mom by offering lumbar support and crossable straps.
- It also provides a safe carry for baby by putting their legs in the proper M-Position. This makes it a hip healthy product.
- It is the perfect carrier to use during the Summer because it is made out of breathable mesh.
- This carrier comes with a detachable pouch to safely store your phone, debit card, or car keys.
Where I use my OMNI 360 CAM Carrier
Around the house
One of my favorite places to use my baby carrier is around the house. Honestly, I use it at home at least once a day if not more. Using a carrier allows me to be hands free which is a must. It’s a great way to give my daughter the attention and closeness she wants, but still take care of myself and the house. A few situations that my baby carrier comes in handy for are getting ready for the day, cleaning the house, and preparing dinner (away from hot surfaces). I also break it out anytime that she is getting fussy. Being close to me immediately calms her down and helps her fall asleep.
Going on walks
When people think of going on a walk with their child they automatically think of using a stroller. However, I prefer using a baby carrier over a stroller any day! I love putting my daughter in our Ergobaby carrier and going outside for some fresh air. I choose to face her out so that she can see her surroundings. She loves taking it all in! Then, I spend our walks pointing out the different things we see and explaining them to her. It’s a great bonding experience for us. Plus, using a carrier is a lot easier on my post c-section body than pushing a stroller is.
Whenever we travel
My Ergobaby baby carrier is my number one travel essential as a parent. I love traveling with a great carrier instead of a stroller. A stroller can often be bulky and take up a lot of room in a vehicle. This makes travel difficult for larger families when they need that extra space. So, instead of loading up a heavy stroller, I pack my Ergobaby. It’s light weight and small. I can easily fit it into any suitcase. Not only does it save space during travel, but it also makes sight seeing more fun! I hate how low my daughter sits in her stroller. She can’t see much and gets frustrated. When she’s in her baby carrier she is able to see everything I see. It’s much more interactive, stimulating, and interesting for her to be in. I honestly couldn’t imagine traveling without our Ergobaby.