One of the biggest challenges I have faced in parenting so far is getting my daughter to enjoy bath time. When she was first born she would scream at the top of her lungs her entire bath. This continued until she was about three months old. Needless to say, bath time was a very stressful time for all of us. We avoided it like the plague and only did it when we absolutely had to. I was desperate to find ways for my daughter to enjoy bath time.
I started to research ways to get your baby to enjoy bath time. There was a lot of great advice out there from moms going through the same thing! I started to put some of the ideas I had found to the test. Through trial and error I have finally gotten Olivia to enjoy bath time. She loves when it is time for her bath! She spends the entire time splashing and giggling. Bath time is now our favorite part of the day. I want to share with you some tips for getting your baby to enjoy bath time. Hopefully, implementing some of these ideas into your daily routine can make bath time an enjoyable activity for your family as well.
- Bathe your baby when they are well fed and rested.
- Make sure your bathroom is warm.
- Find the right water temperature for your baby.
- Create a relaxing environment.
- Associate bath time with other positive experiences like nursing.
- Find a bathtub that fits your baby well.
- Create a routine and be consistent.
- Distract your baby during their bath with toys or music.
- Do your best to remain positive and calm.
- Try showering together.
I hope some of these tricks can help your baby enjoy bath time! Just remember to be patient and keep trying. It took us a few weeks to really find a routine that Olivia loved. However, I can promise you that all of your hard work will be worth it in the end when you see your baby laughing and splashing through bath time. Soon it will be an activity that you can look forward to each night.
Do you have any special tricks up your sleeve that you used to help your baby enjoy bath time? Please share them in the comments below!